American Revolutionary War > Thirteen Colonies
American Colonies Population
By the outbreak of American Revolutionary War in 1776 there was an 85% white population in the Thirteen Colonies that was composed mostly of British, English, Irish, Scottish or Welsh origin. There was also a German population of 9% and a Dutch population of 4%.
The population of the United States would continue to rise exponentially over the following 18th century due to low infant mortality, high immigrant rates and low death rates.
- Province of New Hampshire
- Connecticut Colony
- Province of Massachusetts Bay
- Rhode Island & Providence Plantations
- Province of Maryland
- Colony and Dominion of Virginia
- Province of North Carolina
- Province of South Carolina
- Province of Georgia
- Charles Town
- New York City